Monday, June 25, 2012

Pastel Cream Wafers



These cookies not only look beautiful,
they taste delicious.
I didn't have a cookie cutter small enough so I used a gelatin mold. Here is the recipe:

1/2 cup cold butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
3 to 4 tablespoons light cream
or half-and-half 
Sanding sugar or granulated sugar
Powdered Sugar Frosting 
Heat oven to 375. Cut butter into flour in a medium mixing bowl till pieces
are the size of small peas. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of the cream over part of
mixture. Gently toss with a fork and push to side of bowl. Repeat till all is 
moistened. Form into a ball.
Roll dough on a lightly floured surface till sightly less than 1/8 inch thick. Cut
into rounds with a scalloped 1 3/4 inch round cookie cutter. Dip one side of each
round in sugar. Place cutouts, sugared sides up, 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie
sheet. With a fork, prick four parallel rows in each cutout. Bake for 8-10 minutes
or til edges just begin to brown. Transfer to wire racks and cool.
Spread a scant 1 teaspoon Powdered Sugar Frosting on the flat side of half of the cookies.
Top with the remaining cookies, Flat sides down. Makes about 20 sandwiches.
Powdered Sugar Frosting
Stir together 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon softened butter (no substitutes) 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 drop food coloring
and enough light cream or half-half (about 1 tablespoon) to make a spreadable frosting.
To store: Place unfilled cutouts in layers separated by wax paper in an airtight
container; cover. Store at room temperature up to 1 week or freeze up to 3 months.
Fill just before serving.
Hope you enjoy them.
Bon Appetit!

29 comments:

  1. Yum! I just had lunch. Wish I had some of these for dessert.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so yummy and are adorable! Thanks for the recipe!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so sweet and pretty! Perfect for a tea party. I will be making these! Thank you so much for sharing.
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. These cookies are dainty and darling. Just perfect to pair with a cup of tea. Love your idea of using a gelatin mold for a cutter. I am your newest follower. Stop by for a chat sometime.

    Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look gorgeous, Jody. Very elegant and perfect for an afternoon tea or a bridal shower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are so pretty! And I bet just as tasty!
    Thank you for the visit today to my blog. I found yours recently and have been enjoying it very much!!!! Both of them.
    XO KRis

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are gorgeous and I bet they are yummy, too! Thanks so much for linking this to Share the Love Wednesday!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look delicious!!!! Can't wait to try them. Gorgeous photos also!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Cookies look great :)
    Greetings from Australia♥
    ~Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look wonderful, light and sweet. Thanks for sharing, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look delicious and perfect for an afternoon tea in the garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. YUM....MEEEEE.
    These look amazing and I could eat every one you made. :)
    Over from Brambleberry....
    O, and I am linking up to follow. :)
    xo. bj

    ReplyDelete
  13. Stopping in by way of Time Travel Thursday w/Liz. Oh, I see BJ just ahead of me. BJ is the one who told me about Liz's blog and that was all in "the beginning" of my (original) blogging. Wow.
    Adorable cookies and the recipe sounds perfect.
    BUT I love your "table setting" That is ever-so-cool. Serves up your cookies for a photo and gives me a few ideas. I'm wondering about its origin - hand drawn? Purchased? Whichever it is, just plain neat!
    Enjoyed my visit! Thanks, Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  14. well that picture drew be in..and no wonder / they look so darn good!

    That frosting is the same one that my family uses for decorating Christmas sugar cookies ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, I just love a good cookie recipe! Thanks for visiting my blog. I am following you now.
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so yummy! And I love the "place setting". Thanks for sharing at the All Star Block Party!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have wanted to make these for FOREVER... thanks for the recipe... These look so cute I need to pin these.... Thanks for sharing...

    Thank you for linking up to the ALL STARS BLOCK PARTY!!!

    Carri
    simplydonewright.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, these look amazing.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have made these and dazzled my friends at a tea party I gave. Your recipe is wonderful and I love the advice...no substitute for butter. Never substitute butter is my motto!

    ReplyDelete
  20. pretty cookies and perfect with a cup of tea I'll bet. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop Linky Party. I hope you have a wonderful weekend xo P.S. I'm having a party at Katherines Corner today and you are invited!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm sure they are delicious, but they are really beautiful! This would certainly impress your friends!

    Thank you for sharing your creativity at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very pretty delicate cookies look yummy to :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my...glad these aren't at my house because none of them would make it to a cookie jar! :) Hopping from Sunny Simple Life.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had to feature these yummy cookies at Share the Love Wednesday this week. Have a fabulous 4th and thanks for linking up again!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  25. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  26. These are beautiful! I can't wait to give them a try! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  27. YUMMMM! These are absolutely beautiful. And now my mouth is watering. Thank you so much for sharing these at Grace at Home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are so pretty and would be perfect for a tea party. That was just the right idea for a cookie cutter.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...